Well, lotsa people keep asking me why I wanna buy a PS3, so here's my reasons.. I put it in 5 categories for easier reading..
- Most of the games that I want to play is on the PS3 platform. Those like God of War III, Final Fantasy 13 and 13-2
- The games are much more High Def (I think) than other games, although its rival, the Xbox 360 and Nintedo Wii has their own merits on game graphics.. Personally, I liked PS3's graphic better..
- Console is much cheaper compared to Xbox and Nintedo Wii..
- Price of games are a bit expensive.. Although there are jailbreaked PS3 which allows you to play downloaded games.. but hey.. I wanna play online.. and I can't play em with those kind o PS3..
- Mainly the console's design.. PS3 looks very slick and elegant.. Both Wii and Xbox360 looks kinda off for some reasons..
- Also since I played since the PSX, I'm kinda more confortable with the Playstations' controller compared to Xbox360.. Although, a point on Xbox360 controller.. They feel kinda good when I played SSF4ae with it.. Lol..
4. Multimedia features
- I don't really use this much but from what I read, PS3 has much better multimedia as in non-gaming features compared to the Xbox360..
- here's the extract on this part, ( http://playstation.about.com/b/2009/03/21/top-5-reasons-to-buy-a-ps3-not-a-xbox-360-or-a-wii.htm )
- > Non-gaming Features> The PS3 can show pictures, play videos, and > So does the Xbox 360, but only the PS3 will > allow you to stream it to your PlayStation > Portable, remotely.As a PS3 and PSP owner I can tell you, Remote Play sucks. It doesn’t work as advertised and has wasted countless hours of people trying to get it to work properly.> This means you can access your media,
> including Blu-ray discs, on the road using > your PSPNo, no it doesn’t. Blu-Ray is not supported under Remote Play. Even if/when it does work you cannot access Blu-Ray or DVD media.> The PS3 also supports Linux as an
> additional operating system, allowing it to > be used for a variety of non-gaming
> purposes.Which runs at 1/2 the speed as a PC running Linux because of the PS3 RAM bottleneck.
5. Online system
- Free and easy.. But in Malaysia, it's damn hard to find people playing online.. especially SSF4ae.. I have to settle playing china and japan.. And damn did it lag..
Anyway.. This is my top reason's for owning a PS3..
Hope it interests you to get 1.. and if you're playing SSF4ae, do add me on PSN.. My ID is lebotz..
Over and out..